Mrs. Gaither's All Stars

Mrs. Gaither's All Stars
2012-2013

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ring in the New Year!

HELLO!!  Our kinders are at the library so I thought I would update you on a few things!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful break over Christmas and New Years.  This is what happened at our house...

We had an awesome time during Christmas and a little quieter time during
the week between Christmas and New Years' Day because Devin had 
surgery on his inner ear.  He had a cholesteatoma (skin cyst in middle ear) 
and needed to have it removed and the second and third bones 
reconstructed in his middle ear.  The doctor took some cartilage from
 his other ear and used it to rebuild the inner ear that had the cholesteatoma. 
 He relaxed at home and will be ready when his school resumes tomorrow. 
 The stitches will be ready to be removed on Monday and he should be 
able to go back to his normal routines.

I think you might notice your kinder moving a little slower tonight when they come home...we skipped rest time to finish our math and they are sooooo
TIRED!!!  These poor little kinders are not in the habit of working so hard after such a wonderful vacation.  I thought I was taking it easy on them, but it seems that I have worn them out!  You might need to take it easy on them tonight. We did a lot of reviewing today and will continue to review this week!  Report cards will go home on Friday.
Have you made any new year resolutions???  I am wanting to include an exercise program in my daily routine, but that hasn't worked well yet.  Maybe when I get home tonight I will have the energy to work out on the elliptical a little or maybe I will be brave enough to do a little ZUMBA...
I am going to try to post more on our blog, so please stop by often---or better yet---follow us!  You will receive all updates to this blog.  I promise, our kinders are doing amazing things and I will be bragging about them on here!  You can also click on our webpage-- to the right --and I will be updating important information on it as well.

I hope everything is wonderful with you, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment